There isn’t a Care Bear in Care-A-Lot that doesn’t enjoy a tasty sweet treat, in support of the release of Care Bears: A Belly Badge for Wonderheart – The Movie, arriving on DVD 8/6, we wanted to share with you some delicious Care Bear themed recipes. Please enjoy these sweet delights while your favorite Care Bears go on adventures to find Wonderheart’s belly badge power.
Care Bear Birthday Ideas From Pinterest
CARE BEAR RECIPES
Straw-beary Cookie Delights
2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter
1 ½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 drops red food coloring
3 baskets of fresh strawberries
½ cup sugar
Whipped cream (as desired)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice strawberries (each strawberry should be sliced into 4 bites). Mix in a small bowl with the ½ cup of sugar and let sit.
- Mix flour, baking power and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the mix until all the lumps are gone.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients from the other bowl and add three drops of red food coloring to the mix.
- Place the dough on a clean, powdered surface and begin to roll small balls of dough.
- Place the dough balls one to two inches apart from each other on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- With freshly clean hands, press thumb in the middle of the ball about halfway down.
- Add a spoonful of the strawberry mix to the dough ball, filling the hole.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool for 3 to 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Let cool for around 15 minutes before adding a small spoonful of whipped cream, as desired.
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 stick butter, at room temperature
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat the sugar and butter in a large bowl until combined, using an electric hand mixer.
- Add the eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Once you have made your mixture, separate it evenly amoung 6 small bowls.
- Add drops of food coloring to each bowl depending on how dark or light you want each color.
- Once you have your 6 colors, evenly distribute the first color batter among the cups, then the second, and so on. To do so, spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter in each prepared cup.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
For decorating you can use store bought frosting or make a very simple white frosting.
1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
3 2/3 cups powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
In a mixing bowl, cream butter until smooth.
Gradually add confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth. If too thick to spread, beat in 1 to 2 tablespoons milk.